Monday, July 2, 2007

Under My Umbrella...ella



After avoiding going out and partying for a week, I crawled out of my cave on Friday to go see Daylight's for the Birds play at Cake Shop. It was the debut of their highly anticipated (by me) cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" hence the short clip up there. A few photos on my Flickr as well.

I left Cake Shop for Fat Baby to go meet up my long lost brother, Travis, who I barely get to see nowadays because he is nursing dear Dante back to health in Philly. Walking through Fat Baby on a Friday night is like date rape city! The L.E.S. in general has become a vortex into bridge and tunnel hell. But apparently that does little to stop us kooks from going to Ruff Club. I stood in the Annex basement completely sober for about a half hour, explaining my theory that you have to take several weeks off from Ruff Club to forget how awful it is until you eventually wind up there again, before I went home and slept like a bay bay.

Speaking of the dearest side of the lower east, remember the photoshoot I did for Vice to be a L.E.S. Sim? Well, the website for it is up HERE. I really wanted to register so I could see my character but apparently it's full and no more people can sign up now. Damn! It is seriously the creepiest thing imaginable. The fact that some guy in middle America could use a virtual me to to virtually dance at virtual 205 or virtually shop at virtual American Apparel doesn't exactly sit well with me. Gawker puts it oh so well.

Moving on! Looking for an apartment in NYC is just about my least favorite activity. It's the kind of activity that appeals to someone who likes fishing in the desert. After a frustrating day, I told myself I would stay in and relax which is always the beginning to a wild night out. The roof of my building was invaded by Long Island and I decided it was time to jet. I met up with some friends at a new bar that was right next to a horrible closet apartment I had looked at hours before. When there was a break in the rain, a few of us went to Home Sweet Home for those
Young Lords' new night. This is the new Saturday night for sure. If the real L.E.S. is making you feel more like you live in Vice's V.L.E.S, you should try out this party because it's fun without being too intense to have a sit down.

That's really all the excitement I have to share. My two main activities of the moment are looking for an apartment and stressing over looking for an apartment. One day I'll be back to normal...or closer to it.

No comments: